WELCOME TO OUR JUNE NEWSLETTER
June is always a busy month for Magical Learning as it is the end of the financial year. We have kicked the month off with our planning day for Q1 of 2019-20. Lots of exciting things will be happening for you next quarter. There is travel back and forth to Melbourne, then Danette and Grahame are off to Toronto for a conference before Danette heads to Perth for CPA Week, where she’ll talk on Finance Business Partnering.
We also have 3 birthdays in the family this month. We will be celebrating them before ending the month in Tasmania for a bit of R&R.
Our theme this month is Coaching and Mentoring. It is a personal and professional topic. Being coached or mentored in a personal sense can help us mould our future, to do better, and live up to our highest potentials. In a work related aspect, coaching employees can benefit the organisation as a whole, including overcoming expensive and time-consuming performance problems. It develops the employees’ skills so delegation becomes easier and you can focus more on the big picture for the future. We hope you stay warm this month and enjoy our free content to improve your coaching and mentoring skills. Until next month, stay awesome.
To learn more: keep reading, talk to us about our programs – and follow us on Social Media!
Grahame, Danette and the Magical Learning Team.
9 Qualities Of A Good Mentor
- Willingness to share skills, knowledge, and expertise.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and acts as a positive role model.
- Takes a personal interest in the mentoring relationship.
- Exhibits enthusiasm in the field.
- Values ongoing learning and growth in the field.
- Provides guidance and constructive feedback.
- Sets and meets ongoing personal and professional goals.
- Values the opinions and initiatives of others.
- Motivates others by setting good examples.
For more skills, read this Article
New Learning Opportunities
AQ Leadership 16 July @ 9:00 am – 17 July @ 4:30 pm
Price: $1400AUD for two days
This two-day program addresses the critical skills you need as a leader to adapt and thrive through change. Learn how to improve your adaptability quotient (AQ), which the Harvard Business Review describes as the ‘new competitive advantage.’ This highly interactive course will provide you with the necessary skills and tools to be able to effectively lead yourself and others through change.
- Understand adaptability quotient (AQ) and why it is becoming more important than EQ in the workplace
- Understand the skills you need to develop to build your AQ
- Deepen your ability to thrive during with change and uncertainty
- Develop ways to constantly re-skill and innovate to stay up-to-date during change
- Boost your mental agility and growth mindset to improve your decision-making
- Develop your skills to grow your team’s AQ
- Practical tools and techniques to confidently lead through change and uncertainty.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
This program a must for you if you are:
- Interested in learning how to lead effectively during change
- An existing leader or manager looking to future-proof yourself and your team.
To register, click here.
This month our FREE webinar is on Powerful Coaching Questions
FREE WEBINAR: Powerful Coaching Questions 13 June @ 10:00 am – 10:45 am
One of the hallmarks of exceptional coaches is their ability to ask powerful, insightful questions. In this 45-minute webinar you will discover:
• What ‘coaching’ is and how it can help you build your team at work
• The power of coaching questions
• 4 ways to develop great coaching questions.
Click here to register for this free webinar.
Each of our programs can be customised and delivered run in-house for your organisation.
Please contact us for more details.
Here’s a sample of the content we’ll be sharing online this month. For the deep dive, follow us online!
Organisational Benefits of Coaching & Mentoring by Nicole Long
Science of Mentorship by Shawn Blanchard | TEDxMuskegon
How Great Coaches Ask, Listen, and Empathize by Ed Batista
Book Of The Month
Winging It: Stop Thinking, Start Doing: Why Action Beats Planning Every Time by Emma Isaacs
Review by Danette Fenton-Menzies
A friend lent me this book, saying I would love it. They were spot on. Emma Isaacs, is the founder and Global CEO of Business Chicks. In this book she talks about her and other successful women’s journeys.
This book is a gold mine. It is full of insightful, proven strategies on how to build a great life and business. What I love about this book is that she doesn’t hide the hard times of running a business and family. This book is about the warts and all.
After running businesses for 20 years we have learnt a lot and therefore what Emma shares really resonates with us. You won’t need 20 years of experience if you read Emma’s book. Just follow her lessons and take the suggested actions. A must read if you are interested having a great life and/or running a great business.
Did You Know?
We specialise in developing new learning programs (based on the latest best practice and science) and tailoring existing programs to meet your specific needs.
If you are looking for a learning partner to create bespoke or personalised training for your organisation, please contact us for more information.
From all of us here at Magical Learning.
“The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own.”
Magical Learning Club
Magical Learning Pty Ltd
Ph: +61 2 6944 8200