December Newsletter 2020

News

Welcome to our December Community Newsletter. This one is a short one as we know everyone is busy in the lead up to the holidays.

We have included two articles below to make the most out of your break plus a video book review that will also help you relax.

From our family to yours we would like to wish you happy holidays. Please stay safe and enjoy a restful break.

We look forward to reconnecting in 2021.

The Magical Learning Team


Making the Most of Your Break

Wow, what a year 2020 has been! As many people are taking some time off we thought that it might be helpful to share some ideas on why relaxing over your break will help set you up for 2021.

We know that breaks are where we refuel our body and brain. It is where we become more innovative and creative. According to Harvard Business Review there are a couple of things you can do to get the most out of your holiday break. They include:

  • Planning ahead – this tends to avoid the last-minute stress
  • Create social connection on your break
  • Go far away from work
  • Make sure you feel safe where you are going.

According to this article, people who take less than 10 days leave a year had a 34.6% likelihood of receiving a bonus, while people who take 10 or more days leave a year had a 65.4% likelihood of receiving a bonus!


Fun things to Do on Your Break

We thought you might enjoy some fun ideas that you can do while you are on your break to make sure that you return to work in 2021 feeling refreshed.

Here are some simple things that you might want to try:

  • Give yourself permission to sleep in or have a nap during the day
  • Go on a picnic
  • Learn to cook a new dish
  • Go for a road trip in the country
  • Read in a hammock
  • Go device free for a day (or more)
  • Take up a new hobby
  • Donate some time to a charity
  • Do a random act of kindness
  • Pick your own fruit
  • Stargaze
  • Watch the sunset
  • Play board games
  • Go for a long walk
  • Pretend to be a tourist in your home area
  • Go for a swim
  • Hang out with loved one and friends
  • Count your blessings.

We would love it if you shared your favourite things to do on a break on our social media. You never know but your favourite thing might just make someone’s day or year


Help us, Help you

2020 has been quite the year! We have all had to adapt, grow and change. To help us better support our ML Community into the future, we’d love your input on an exciting new initiative we’re building.If you can share a few minutes of your time to complete the survey, we’ll enter you into a draw to win a MiGOALS Goal Pack…. our way of saying Thank You for your support.



Book Of The Month: Bliss Brain by Dawson Church

Reviewed by Danette Fenton-Menzies


If you’re interested in running online webinars or workshops for your workplace, click here


Find what brings you joy and go there.”

Jan Phillips


Did someone forward this newsletter to you? If you like what you see and would like to join our Magical Learning Community and receive our monthly newsletters and other great resources, please click here


Have questions or comments? Email us at community@magicallearning.com