Welcome to our April newsletter.
We hope you are all staying safe, positive and healthy. We’re all working from home and using this time to rest, reflect and continue to learn and grow.
We know that this is a stressful time for many people as we learn to work from home, possibly teach our children and also worry about friends and loved ones. To support you in all of this, we’re running a series of free webinars throughout this month. You’ll find details and links later in this newsletter.
We will also be sharing resources on social media to support you, your loved ones and work teams.
Please remember: this too will pass. In the meantime, stay safe and healthy and please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need any support.
The Magical Learning Team
Tips for Working from Home
Here are some simple things you can do to make working from home easier:
- Keep a drink bottle full of water on your desk and set an alarm every hour to make sure you stay hydrated
- Use that same alarm for some ‘get up and move around’ time
- Connect with fellow team members or friends using online platforms
- Play games with your team on a virtual coffee or lunch break (we’re using the Houseparty app – it’s had us all in stitches)
- Focus on doing your most important tasks first
- Celebrate every little win
- Check in on others to make sure they are OK.
Simple Things To Do To Reduce Stress
Josiah Gilbert Holland once said, “Calmness is the cradle of power.” Here are some simple things that can help you get through these disruptive times:
- Watch a nature meditation video for two minutes each morning – Google ‘nature meditation’ and pick one that you think you might like.
- Practice yoga (there are lots of beginner lessons on YouTube).
- Take five deep breaths whenever you feel a little anxious/stressed.
- Have a virtual (online) coffee or lunch break with colleagues, friends, loved ones.
- Start a gratitude journal and write three things each day.
- Get outside in nature: go for a walk or run.
- Take naps.
- Listen to music that relaxes or inspires you.
- Create your own ‘inspirational playlist’.
- Take up or continue a fun hobby.
- Write a letter thanking someone who made a difference in your life.
- Bake something delicious.
- Do a virtual random act of kindness. For some great ideas, Google ‘Virtual random acts of kindness’.
Inspirational Resources To Help You Stay Positive
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- The Book of Not Knowing by Peter Ralston
- Solve for Happy by Mo Gawdat
- The Infinite Game by Simon Sinek
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown
- Happiness Project by Gretchen Craft
- Unlocking Us by Brene Brown
- Happier with Gretchen Rubin
- The School of Greatness
- The James Altucher Show
- Magical Learning Podcast
- Coach Carter
- Life as a House
- Forrest Gump
- The Intouchables
- The Blind Side
- August Rush (this is a great video to watch with your kids)
- Aussie farmers have you covered for food security
- Try Not To Laugh – Funny Puppies Video Compilation 2017
- 14 Things to Make You Smile Today
New Learning Opportunities
Free WEBINAR series: Thriving During Disruption
Click the dates to sign up for the webinar.
Helping Your Children to Learn – Thursday 2 April
The Three C’s to Thrive through Disruption – Friday 3 April
Transitioning into Working from Home – Monday 6 April
Building Your Resilience and Resourcefulness – Tuesday 7 April
Leading a Remote Team through Disruption – Wednesday 8 April
Otherwise to know more about these Webinars CLICK HERE
Free Monthly WEBINAR: Managing Upwards
Wednesday, 8 April 2020, 10.30am-11.15am AEST
In this webinar, you will learn:
- What managing upwards is and is not… and when to use it.
- The pros and cons of managing upwards.
- Three strategies to help you manage upwards.
Book Of The Month: The Art of Rest by Claudia Hammond
Reviewed by Danette Fenton-Menzies
Did You Know?
In these disruptive times we can quickly develop and facilitate online webinars and training programs to support your staff. We specialise in developing new programs, based on the latest best practice and science, and tailoring existing programs to meet your specific needs.
If you are looking for a learning partner to create bespoke or personalised training for your organisation, including online webinars and training, please contact us for more information.
From all of us here at Magical Learning.
The purpose of our lives is to be happy.